In the last year Denim sales have dipped 8% according to market research NPD while ‘atheisure’ wear sales have increased 6% in 2013 according to fashion data company Edited. Leggings aren’t just for the gym anymore, many women have started wearing them for everyday tasks. Here are the top 5 reasons why more and more women are choosing shapewear leggings over jeans:
- They are way more flattering: Shapewear leggings are designed to show you off, to hold you in at the waist and elongate your legs. Jeans cannot boast such a quality, even when they fit well (which can be quite a challenge to find) they often create a muffin top, unless you pair them with our slimming tank top.
- They are super comfortable: our shapewear leggings come with a 4 way stretch, which means they accompany your body’s movements naturally, they’re like a second layer of skin, adapting to your movements and needs. Even with a little spandex in them, jeans simply don’t feel as comfortable as shapewear leggings.
- They are more versatile: you can go from one task to the next in your shapewear leggings and still look fabulous. They are easy to dress up or down, and their knit opaque fabric can go from casual to fancy. Jeans have a tendency to look casual no matter how worn. Nicer jeans can be dressed up, but with more effort and less attractive results.
- Their fabric works hard to hold you all in: The tight, stretchy knit hugs your curves like nothing else. Shapewear leggings make sure you don’t jiggle while still keeping you comfortable. Jeans can’t be as supportive, if they were that tight you wouldn’t be able to put them on.
- They are more forgiving and democratic: shapewear leggings don’t require you be a particular body shape or age, anybody can wear them if they are clever with what they pair them with.
Adopt shapewear leggings into your winter wardrobe, you won’t look back!